Special Needs Resources
Ohio's Uniquely Challenged Homeschoolers (OUCH)
- Renee Silvaroli, Director & NATHHAN Ohio representative
- OUCH has available "Ohio Special Needs Resource Packet" containing a variety of up-to-date brochures, resource lists, addresses, etc. It includes national and local resources.
- State OUCH Newsletter. quarterly/1 year subscription
- Various topics for workshops and meetings
- Resource table for events.
- A national and international support network for families with special needs who home educate.
- Offers a lending library, magazine/newsletter quarterly, and a family directory.
"Fresh Start" Child Perceptual Development Program
- c/o The Lane Learning Center
- This program evaluates your child's perceptual skills, screens for potential problems, and provides activities to help develop those skills.
- Learning styles assessment (K-adult) and other diagnostic tests for all subjects.
- Modest prices. Parent administered.
- Home-based child development programs ranging from rehabilitation for the severely brain injured to the development of accelerated programs for the gifted.
- An Ohio division will be opened in the Columbus area.
- Contact NACD or OUCH for the latest information and phone numbers.
- Provides free information to assist parents, educators and others in helping children with disabilities.
- Various readiness and testing evaluation materials.
- Author, Strategies for Struggline Learners, also available through Amazon and Bob Jones University Press
- Editor, Special Education: A Biblical Approach, also available through Amazon and Bob Jones University Press
- June/July 1994 Issue, Special Section: Learning Difficulties
- Also available through OUCH in their resource packets.
Carroll Hills School
- Through the Carroll County Board of MRDD
- 2167 Kensington Rd, Carrollton OH 44615
- 330-627-7651 contact person: Ann Meyers
- Not a Christian organization but can offer valuable help.
- Great resources and hard-to-find books on ALL needs
- Not Christian - some discernment in browsing needed
- Purchases add to the NATHHAN library c/o OUCH Ministries